The course of B.Sc. in Agriculture at Marwadi University is designed to fulfill the following objectives:
- To acquire requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes to effectively deal with existing and emerging challenges of the agricultural sector
- To obtain solid grounding in scientific as well as technical principles
- To provide practical infield knowledge in agriculture
- To develop strong leadership, interpersonal, team-building and entrepreneurial skills needed to identify and utilize opportunities in the sector.
One can build a career in both private as well as public sector after pursuing the degree of B.Sc Agriculture. They can work as managers at plantations, Agricultural machinery industries, fertilizer manufacturing firms and many such industries. One can also do higher studies like MBA in agricultural business and M.Sc. in different disciplines of the field. Therefore, you get an option of entering an industry after completing the Bachelor course or you can carry on with further specialization in the field. Whatever be the option, opportunities are in plenty.
If you have an interest in plants and crops and you want to contribute towards the growth of the nation with the building of our career, then B.Sc. in Agriculture is the course for you. In recent years, technology has had an enormous impact on the field. Advances in biotechnology have allowed agricultural scientists to manipulate the genetic makeup of plants and animals, which has created research opportunities in many areas of the agricultural and food sciences.
After the course completion, student should be able to:
- Develop the ability to apply the knowledge of agriculture.
- Gain the aptitude to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret results.
- Able to function as part of the multidisciplinary team for various academic or industrial interests.
- Develop a flair for creative thinking to design a system or process to meet the required needs for a related industry.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively with peers, professionals & society.
- Develop the ability to undertake higher level academic as well as industrial research.
- Develop a sense of contemporary and relevant issues in the field of agriculture.
To enrol in this course, strong foundation in science is a must. This is because, throughout this course, different components of science have to be studied, to study about agriculture.
The admission to B.Sc. Course in Marawadi University is based on the marks that you have scored in your HSC exams. There is no additional entrance test for the course. B.Sc. in Agriculture is an old branch that has not been explored much. With increase in development, the course will open many doors for growth.