The course of B.Sc. Industrial chemistry at Marwadi University is designed to fulfilll the following objectives:
- To build a strong foundation in chemistry
- To develop scientific reasoning and analytical problem-solving skills
- To give the students an opportunity to perform experiments
- The make students learn professionalism, including the ability to work in teams and apply basic ethical principles.
- To develop skills of communicating research results and related scientific knowledge in written and oral formats
This course has a vast potential. The graduates from B.Sc in Industrial Chemistry can indulge themselves in both public sector as well as private sector industries. One can work in the oil and petroleum industry, biotechnology, chemical plants, and industry, or one can become a researcher, technician, professor, scientist, production chemist, chemical engineering associate, technical writer, and demographer. It is a blooming course in India.
Chemistry education will provide the background and experience necessary for careers in biochemistry, chemical education, chemical sales and marketing, energy resources, environmental science, forensic chemistry, industrial chemistry, material science and nanotechnology, pharmaceutical synthesis and sales, polymer and organic synthesis. An advanced degree will allow you to pursue an academic or research career in chemistry.
Career growth of a student depends on his/her ability to apply the knowledge gained in the university, throughout the course. And the best thing is that the university teaches you well how to compete in the industrial world.
After the completing the course:
- The student will understand the importance of the Periodic Table of the Elements, how it came to be, and its role in organizing chemical information.
- The student will understand the interdisciplinary nature of chemistry and to integrate knowledge of mathematics, physics and other disciplines to a wide variety of chemical problems.
- The student will learn the laboratory skills needed to design, safely conduct and interpret chemical research.
- The student will acquire a foundation of chemistry of sufficient breadth and depth to enable them to understand and critically interpret the primary chemical literature.
- The student will develop the ability to effectively communicate scientific information and research results in written and oral formats.
- The student will learn professionalism, including the ability to work in teams and apply basic ethical principles.