What is the program about?
Cyber security is a collective effort of technologies, tools, policies and laws applicable to make cyberspace secure and safe. The technology has resulted in the speeding up of the e-commerce, e-Governance, net banking, mobile banking, online share trading and other commercial transactions. To avoid cyber frauds, cyber-crime and other malicious activities, organizations (service providers and consumers) need to adopt the best practices for providing appropriate defense mechanism to protect their assets from malicious entities. Cyber criminals carry out practices like financial frauds, online defamation, data theft, obscenity, phishing, denial of service, orchestrated violence and so on. Online users should know better not to fall in attackers’ trap while using online services; enterprises should be comfortable while using third party services; application service providers/consumers must be familiar with ethical practices and legal aspects of data usage and well aware of cyber laws applicable to cyberspace and consequences for violating cyber laws and unethical practices. This Continuing Education Program covers all these aspects to enable you to be vigilant and capable to protect yourself and your organization from such threats and attacks.
Why this program?
We live in an age where cybercrimes have become the biggest enemies of digitalization. Despite many attempts, the cybercrime numbers are high and something significant needs to be done. This program adds dimension to the current national focus and growth of Smart Cities. All services covering sensors and sensor networks, ranging from home appliances, consumer electronics to border security demand the awareness and understanding of implementation challenges of cyber security and hence, we need a better force to stand against cybercrime. This program covers the aspects, both current and future, to fight against cybercrimes along with improved digital security and privacy.
Who will conduct the program?
This program is offered by renowned security experts from academic as well as the industrial backgrounds.
About the program
- Duration: 36 hours (6 Sundays) of intensive training with substantial emphasis on hands-on practices.
- Contains detailed coverage of different modules of Cyber Security during last 5 years.
- Training for:
- Cyberspace Security
- System Security
- Network Security
- Web Security
- Defense Mechanism and Challenges
- Digital Forensics and Crimes
- IT act and legal aspects of IT services
- Cyber Laws
The program has been divided into 3 verticals, each covering various topics suitable in their respective domains, mapping other verticals while addressing and/ or assessing legal characteristics of cyber security and cyber space.
- Cyber Security Basics
- E-Commerce Security
- E-Mail Security Threats and Countermeasures
- Enterprise Security
- Network Security
- Web Security Threats and Countermeasures
- Ethical Hacking
- Vulnerable Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Perimeter Security: Firewall, IDS/IPS, Backup and Recovery
- Reverse Engineering
- Attacks and Defense Mechanism
- Distributed Denial of Service Attacks
- Hardware Security Fundamentals
- Data and Image Forensics
- Data Recovery
- Forensic Investigation
- Malware Analysis
- Digital Forensics with Open-Source Tools
- Social Media Forensics
- Multimedia Forensics
- Remote monitoring of surveillance system
- Mobile Phone Forensics
- Timeline Analysis
- Various tampering/frauds/attacks and defense mechanisms in standalone and distributed platforms
- Cybercrimes and Digital Frauds
- Basics of E-commerce and Computer Fraud Techniques
- Privacy and Security aspects in emerging Lifestyles, Social Media security
- Cyber Laws and Legal Aspects of Digital Age
- IT Risk Management
- Security Policy and Best Practices
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Indian IT Act
- Service Providers and Consumer Liability under IT Act
- Various cases of Cybercrimes, Card Frauds, Data Frauds, Consumer Complaints, Consequences and Courts Verdict.
- Basics of ISO 27001
Each vertical will have adequate illustrations of case study, demonstration and hands-on practice.
Evaluation: The performance of candidates will be evaluated by a Multiple Choice Questions examination on the last day of the program. The candidate needs to score at least 40% marks to complete the course and get the certificate.
Who can attend?
The program is open and beneficial for Professionals and Practitioners.
- Faculty Members
- Banking Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Policy Makers
- Law Makers
- Government Officials
- CEOs/CTOs/CFOs/CIO/CISOs of Corporate Organizations
- System Administrators
- Students of Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Application, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, Business Administration, Commerce, Science, Management, Arts, Law, Diploma and allied fields
Exclusive study material specially compiled for this program will be provided along with the links of open source tools.
Application Charges: Rs. 150/- per applicant
Course Fees: Rs. 10,000/- per candidate
How to Apply?
The forms for application can be downloaded from
Duration, Venue and Schedule
6 Sundays, starting from last week of January 2018
(approx… & subject to change)
Program will be conducted in Ahmedabad
(Exact venue to be announced)
Whom to contact?
Ms. C M Thakker
Cyber Law Advisor & Program Coordinatorv
CLS – 2nd Floor, Asha Complex,
Bh. Navarangpura Police Station, Navarangpura,
Ahmedabad – 380009 (Gujarat)
Mobile: 095101 22995
Landline: 079- 400 300 31