COURSE STRUCTURE 2019 – 2020
National and international Students interested in making a career in law can either do a three-year law course after graduation in any discipline or a 5 years’ course after 12th class. Bachelor of Law (LLB) is a traditional three-year degree, which students can pursue after completing their Bachelors’ degree. Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Law (BA LLB) is an integrated degree for students who want to take up law as a career. Here are the details of each course:
Specializes in criminal laws CrPC, IPC, Evidence Act and various other penal laws.
Civil Litigation Lawyer
Specializes in civil laws e.g. taxation laws, excise laws.
Works for corporate firms or law firms and analyses laws pertaining to the sphere of the company and its operation.
Document Drafting Lawyer
Specializes in drafting various documents containing agreements, terms and conditions, case material, etc.
Covers crime beats, legal proceedings in courts, arbitration courts, international courts and arbitration events.
Offers consultancy to corporate firms regarding their legal obligations, duties, legal relations with other firms.
Works for the government and in close coordination with the police.
Offers judgment after conducting the court proceedings and hearing all the concerned parties.
Programs Educational Objectives
MULS aims at achieving following learning objectives through its integrated law degree program
- Basic understanding of Indian legal system
- Critical reading and understanding of legal authorities
- Synthesis of rules from various authorities
- Recognition of legal issues
- Acquisition of legal vocabulary
- Ability to draft common legal documents
- Skill in organizing legal analysis and argument
- Ability to make comparative assessment of legal systems and corresponding laws
- Skills in English expression
- Use of legal authorities in written documents
- Persuasive writing
- Editing skills
- Correct use of legal citation
- Legal Research
- Oral advocacy skills
- Lawyering skills like interviewing, counseling, or negotiation
- Legal ethics and professionalism
Programs Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program at FoL students will be able to
- Integrate theory, doctrine and practice
- Quest for research and inquiry
- Critically analyze legal problems and provide sound advise
- Develop Ethical social and professional understanding
- Commitment for scholarly engagement and societal reform
- Ensure professional preparation
- Academic Excellence
LL. M Programme
The status of the legal profession and the task of legal professionals have undergone a radical change in the past two decades. The current global business and legal practice requires the skill which should be helpful to tackle any type of legal issue arising in future. The Faculty of Law, Marwadi University one of the top Law Schools in India offer our LLM (Master of Law) programme aimed to inculcate student’s legal knowledge and opens the door for more and more opportunities in India and abroad.
The LL.M. programme is a one-year degree program that help students who are enthusiastic in enhancing their knowledge in particular area of law. This is equally useful for the practicing lawyers as well as the students who are interested to build up their career in teaching and research. Due to the diversity of our students and faculty members coming from different states and nations, the Programme will be more interesting and also intellectually probing since sharing of thoughtful ideas from different places will happen. Apart from the compulsory courses in the programme scheme, we are also offering special courses for Professional Development, Language Support etc.
To be considered for the LL.M. program, an applicant must have a LL.B degree from an accredited University in India or abroad. The admission to One Year LLM programme shall be based on pure merit decided on the basis of an All India Admission Test conducted specifically for this purpose, with the objective of testing aptitude for teaching/research, legal reasoning, and comprehension/basic legal knowledge.
The LL.M being a Masters programme classically offers on divergent specialisations which include Constitutional & Administrative Law, International & Comparative Law and Criminal Law & Security Law.
Tentative Programme Structure
LLM degree is a Trimester Post Graduate Programme. At Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, the students are able to choose from the wide variety of courses as prescribed by the UGC as part of the concerned specialisation. The tentative course structure is as follows:
- Foundation (Compulsory papers of 3 credits each) – (1) Research Methods and Legal Writing; (2) Comparative Public Law System of Governance; (3) Law and Justice in Globalizing World.
- Apart from the aforesaid three Foundation courses, the student can choose any of the six papers having two credits each from their concerned specialisation.
- Dissertation in the final trimester.
At Faculty of Law, we have enough faculty members on the concerned specialisations with experience in taking classes at different top Universities in India.