Student Start-up and Innovation Policy
Marwadi University - SSIP
The government of Gujarat has developed a policy for providing assistance to Start-ups/ Innovation. Under this scheme, any individual/ group of individuals having innovative idea/ Concept will be eligible and/ or Universities/ education institutions, Incubation Centre/ PSUs/ R&D Institutions/ Private and other establishments will be eligible as an institution to support and mentor to innovators as approved by Committee.
The Student Start-up & Innovation Policy of Government of Gujarat aims to create an integrated, state-wide, university-based innovation ecosystem to support innovations and ideas of young students and provide a conducive environment for the optimum harnessing of their creative pursuit.
- Developing student-centric Innovation and Pre-incubation Ecosystem for Students.
- Creating an environment for creativity to flourish and an end-to-end support system in educational institutions to allow ample support to ideas for better execution.
- Build internal capacity of educational institutions and key components of the innovation ecosystem to enable deployed processes to make a sustainable impact at scale.
- Create pathways for the mind to market by harnessing and handholding projects/ research/ innovation/ ideas of students in Gujarat.
- Creating and facilitating sectoral and regional innovation efforts in the state around educational institutions.
- Create a common platform to showcase, support and upscale innovations for motivating stakeholders as well as for an opportunity to create value for money and value for many.
- Leverage public system initiatives at the state and central level, academia, industries and by other ecosystem stakeholders/domain experts and institutions to make an inclusive effort.
Innovator Registration on SSIP Portal
Select Innovator Registration
Complete Registration Process
Upload Bonafide Certificate
(format available in the innovator registration)
Contact E-cell Department
MA 162 for approval
SSIP Scheme Details
- Applicable to only Students
- Have an innovative idea and possibility of commercialization
- Submission of Project Details on SSIP Portal (http://www.ssipgujarat.in)
- Projects that are at PoC level or beyond can be provided maximum financial support @ average Rupees 2.00 Lakh
- Only those projects that are not getting support elsewhere should be selected
- University level Start-up Committee will approve the project for the support
- Average Rs. 25,000/- per national patent filling including government fees. For requirements more than Rs. 25,000/- recommendation to be made before the State Level SSIP Committee
- The application will approve by the IPR Scrutiny Committee and further approval was taken from the University Level Start-up Committee for final approval
- Innovator and Mentor has to follow the Marwadi University IPR Policy (Hyper Link)
- Intellectual Property Guidelines of SSIP http://www.ssipgujarat.in/datafiles/Intellectual%20Property%20Guidelines_Academia_Gujarat.pdf
Start-up Project Submission
Hard copies submit to cabin no. MA 162, ECell, Marwadi University
University Level Start-up Committee will approve the project time to time
Download the scheme updated guidelines