In recent decades, there has been a lot of revolutionary efforts by eminent industry professionals that have resulted in the inception of attractive business opportunities spanning in a wide range of applications. Origin of new ideologies has led to the onset of new business principles and have resulted in the dawn of new career opportunities in commercial sectors. In current decade, both sales and service delivery sectors are witnessing a rapid growth in business and employment opportunities. Bright opportunities have inspired people to step up and become entrepreneurs with unique ideas and delivery methodologies that have converted the globe into a small village.But, bright opportunities are en-cashed only after attaining adequate fundamental knowledge of business concepts, principles and methodologies from experienced people.
Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate degree course that offers the development of a wide spectrum of managerial skills in students along with building up a strong competence in specific area of business studies. Students pursuing this course learn about general principles of business management, and knowledge of finance, accounting, statistics, economics, marketing, etc. Marwadi University, considered as the top university for b.com in Rajkot, understands the appetite of market as well as students who want to stand on the stars of success. The university has appointed faculties who have vast experience of business sector and have in-depth knowledge of principles and challenges faced by the industry.There are classrooms equipped with projectors where case studies are discussed through statistical information and strategies that led to the success or failure of industries. Responsive strategies are also taught to students that could have avoided failure in most of the cases. Thus, students have ample of knowledge about what has happened, what should happen and what should not. They have abilities to propose best growth strategiesand thus they become worthy enough for highly paid employment opportunities by renowned organizations.
The unique learning methodology followed by Marwadi University faculties, have brought the name of being the best university for B.Com in Rajkot.
This is a three years course following semester system. In three years, consisting six semesters, each semester will be consisting subjects each with 48 hours of classroom interactions. A typical week will be of FIVE working days and of 30 hours, including classroom teaching, library sessions and other assignments and practicing sessions.
On the successful accomplishment of this Programme, the following outcomes should be expected from students:
- Reveal knowledge of major theories and models in key areas of organizational behavior.
- Analyze and develop solutions for business problems and issues by using by logical reasoning patterns for evaluating information, materials and data.
- To create self-confidence environment to our students and to offer reliable educational resources that can fill the academic standards and innovations.
- Analyze organizational problems and generate realistic solutions based on current academic research in organizational behavior.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of microeconomic theory as it relates to markets, firms, government policy, and resource allocation.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of key concepts underlying quantitative decision analysis.
- Apply basic mathematical and statistical skills necessary for analysis of a range of problems in economics, actuarial studies, accounting, marketing, management and finance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theories, concepts and findings of the various specializations.
- Develop viable alternatives and make effective decisions relating to business ethics and social responsibility.
- Qualification:The students seeking admission in the 1st year of Degree Programme leading to Bachelor of Commerce shall have to pass the HSC examination (10+2) with minimum of 50% marks.
- There is no entrance test for this course.
Students are encouraged to apply early and register for courses as soon as possible. This ensures they get the schedule they want and helps the university better manage wait lists.
- Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying Examination and Performance
- Personal interview will be conducted for eligible candidate.
|Serial No.||Course code||Course name||Credits|
|2||04LS0102||Principles of Management||4|
|4||04LS0105||Fundamentals of Accounting||4|
|Serial No.||Course code||Course name||Credits|
|1||04LS0201||Communication Skills – II||4|
|3||04LS0205||Statistics in Business||4|
|4||04LS0207||Financial Accounting – II||4|
|6||04LS0209||Fundamentals of Human Resource Management||4|
3rd and 6th semester syllabus is as per GTU